WHERE WILL THE RIGHTEOUS SPEND ETERNITY?
by James Herschel Lyda
The answer to the previous question begins with a promise from Jehovah to a man called Abraham.
- Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
- 2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
- 3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
- 4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
- 5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
- 6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
- 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
- 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
- Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christís, then are ye AbrahamĎs seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Jehovah promised Abraham and his seed this earth for an everlasting possession. If you have been baptized and keep Jesus Christís precepts until the end, you are the seed of Abraham and will become inheritors of the earth forever.
- Ecclesiastes 1:4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
- Psalms 104:5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
- Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
- Deuteronomy 4:40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.
The righteous will inherit the earth that has been remade into the Garden of Eden. Jehovah will live with his people and reign here upon the earth for eternity.